When you think about an emergency or a disaster, you should think about the Kaito KA500. This radio is designed to do a lot more than just play music. You need a weather report; you got it. You need a flashlight or reading light; you got it. You need an emergency signal; you got it. Batteries are dead and you need power; turn the crank or let the sun do the work. Check out all the great features.
6 Ways of Power:
1. Dynamo Cranking Power: 120 turns per minute of cranking will power the built in Ni-MH battery pack with strong current and voltage.
2. Solar Panel Power: Under the direct sunlight, the solar panel will power the radio without a problem.
3. AA Batteries: You can use 3 normal AA batteries to run the radio for maximum reception.
4. Built-in rechargeable battery pack
5. AC adapter charge from the 3.5 mm jack. (not included)
6. Charge from a computer via USB port
1. 5 LED reading lamp for camping and emergency use
2. White LED flashlight
3. Red LED blinking for emergency alert
Weather Band: 7 standard bands for all stations
Weather Alert: To be activated by weather alert signals
Also available on website: AC adapter