Notice: The purchase of this item requires agreement to our Export Policy and might require special processing due to our Fraud Prevent Policy. For more info please see the following links: Export Policy and Fraud Prevention Policy Armasight Apollo Pro MR 640 50mm (30 Hz) Thermal Imaging Clip-on System, FLIR Tau 2 - 640x512 (17μm) 30Hz Core, 50mm Lens
The Apollo Pro family of Clip-on Thermal Imaging Devices represents Armasight’s premier day/ night thermal clip-on product displaying the best and latest in advancements developed by Armasight in the field of uncooled thermal imaging technology for the dismounted soldier, special law enforcement team member, and professional hunter. The Apollo Pro epitomizes Armasight’s 20/50-design gold standard, which is defined from product inception as being capable of withstanding 20 meters immersion for 2 hours, and engineered for routine use with 0.50 BMG weapon shock and recoil. Based around common core electronics, signal processing, and infinity focused large-format collimating eyepiece, the Apollo Pro Series Day/ Night Clip-on Thermal Imaging Device is available in a variety of options and price points that cater to every application – military and commercial.
The Apollo Pro is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, 1X (unity magnification) Clip-on Thermal Imaging Device for day and night engagements. It mounts directly in front of the variable magnification sniper day sight without the need to remove the day sight from the weapon. Collateral applications of the Apollo Pro Thermal Imaging Device include functionality as a unity magnification (1x) stand-alone weapon sight and handheld uncooled thermal monocular. For the collateral duty functions, Armasight has included a compass and inclinometer in the Apollo Pro package for finer range estimation and target orientation. A five-button wireless remote switch is included to operate and modify the settings on the Apollo Pro to optimize the imagery for the viewed scene without having to remove your hands from the weapon. The Apollo Pro has Bluetooth© wireless capability and can directly interface with most smart phones with the potential for engaging a series of current and future applications.
Utilizing the latest FLIR TAU-2 Technology, the Apollo Pro is offered in 336x256 and 640x512 pixel formats. These options are further enhanced by professional military-grade 30mm, 50mm, 100mm Germanium (Ge) objective lenses, creating a wide variety of range performance options optimize the user’s experience with this magnified day sight.
Armasight has introduced a unique dual battery option for the Apollo Pro Clip-on Thermal Imaging Device, consisting either of four 3.0VDC 123A batteries (all oriented in the same direction to prevent confusion in replacement), or four 1.5VDC AA batteries pre-loaded in a cartridge. In a pinch, the Apollo Pro special power-management feature allows the use of a single 3.0VDC 123A battery for just over an hour.
The Apollo Pro uses the same 9-pin multi-pin connector to provide video-in imagery, where there may be a need for map or rangefinder display overlays, and external power access. In support of these capabilities, Armasight offers an optional laser range-finder, external battery pack, multispectral laser and other accessories designed to attach on the MIL-STD-1913 rail of the Apollo Pro to feed the desired overlay or input power into the Clip-on Thermal Imaging Device. The 9-pin connector is also capable of providing a portal for periodically upgrading the Apollo Pro software directly; as new revisions become available, users can download updates directly from the internet.
Apollo Pro weapon installation is easy, repeatable, and reliable based on a user-friendly MILSTD- 1913/ Weaver/Picatinny rail compatible, quick-release locking mechanism. This device is normally used in the “Reticle Off/ No Reticle” mode. However, when used in the collateral role of a 1X stand-alone weapon sight, the solid state technology reticle adjustments and software algorithms combined with a complementary color reticle platform ensure maximum reticle contrast, high-level target accuracy, and boresight retention that cannot be achieved with mechanical boresight adjusters and traditional ballistic drums. This level of accuracy is translated into the tracking electronic zoom (e-zoom) function of the Apollo Pro, when used as a 1x weapon sight, which can be progressively increased from 1x to 2x to 4x and 8x (640x512 format only) without changing the point-of-aim to point of-impact relationship of the targeting reticle.
Based on its superior price-to-performance value, the Apollo Pro Clip-on Thermal Imaging Device represents the most versatile and sophisticated Armasight product available in today’s market for hunters, SWAT teams, and military personnel who want to use their own sniper day scopes.
Special User-Adjustable Imaging ToolsActive Contrast Enhancement (ACE)
– a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE)
– a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.Smart Scene Optimization (SSO)
– a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ)
– a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water. Linear Automatic Gain Control (Linear AGC) – a correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain. User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC)
- There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Helios HD models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)
– In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Helios HD models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.FEATURES
24/7 Operation in presence of environmental obscurants (smoke, dust, haze, fog)
Superior engineering and design from inception to Armasight’s 20/50 standard
Rugged MIL-STD-810 compliant performance
Operates on 123A or AA batteries
Reliable quick-release locking weapon mount
Objective Germanium Lens
TAU-2 17μm Pitch Thermal Sensor
SVGA 800x600 OLED Display
Battery Status Indicator
Multiple User Selectable Ballistic and Quick Acquisition Reticles (except in 9Hz version)
Selectable Reticle Color
Selectable Palettes: White Hot/Black Hot/Sepia/OEM Custom/Other Color Variants
Imaging Filter Algorithms:
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Information Based Histogram Equalization™ (IBHEQ)
– Linear Automatic Gain Control (Linear AGC)
Wireless 5-button Remote
Tracking Digital e-Zoom: 2x / 4x / 8x (640x512 only)
Still Picture and Video Recording Capability (Mounted DVR Option)
Made in the USA Part Number: TAT163CN5APMR01