Notice: The purchase of this item requires agreement to our Export Policy and might require special processing due to our Fraud Prevent Policy. For more info please see the following links: Export Policy and Fraud Prevention Policy Armasight Apollo 324 (60 Hz) Thermal Imaging Clip-on System, FLIR Tau 2 - 324x256 (25μm) 60Hz Core, 42mm Lens
Armasight is excited to introduce its latest and most technologically advanced family of Apollo thermal imaging clip-on systems to the sporting, law enforcement and military markets. The Apollo product line developed based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core and optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art technology for a variety of users, from the committed hunter to the military designated marksman.
The Apollo is an uncooled long-wave thermal clip-on device intended to mount in front of the existing magnified day sight. The immediate advantages of this approach of converting the day scope into a thermal imaging device include no change in cheek weld, no change in trigger reach, and continued use of existing ballistic reticules in the day scope. The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of the Apollo. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants.
The Armasight Apollo eliminates the traditional requirement of removing your existing day scope from your rifle, to replace it with a dedicated thermal sight (which would also involve re-zeroing). The Apollo simply mounts in front of your own standard daytime optical sight. Factory bore-sighted to tolerances of less than 1 MOA, no re-zeroing is required. The Apollo allows the user to maintain consistent eye relief and shooting position, and because the user views his own day scopes reticle (which he is familiar with), no re-training is required.
In addition to being the smallest and lightest in their class, Apollo thermal imaging clip-on systems are characterized by their simple and intuitive controls, functions, and features that are layered among direct button adjustments, direct combination button functions, and electronic menu selections. This “layering” of easy-to-understand control functions provides the operator with a framework for customizing his preferences and exploiting the robust variety of setting options available in the Apollo. The Apollo has a unique series of menu selectable temperature sensitive “scenarios” for rapid target detection, in addition to a variety of color display presentations based on a rich, upgradeable software package. A wireless remote switch is included to activate the Apollo thermal imaging clip-on system when positioned in the “standby” mode. The Apollo has the ability to record imagery and is equipped with a video-out capability in operator selectable NTSC or PAL formats. The Apollo uses the same multi-pin connector to provide video-in imagery, where there is a need for map or rangefinder display overlays, and external power access.
Apollo weapon installation is easy, repeatable, and reliable based on a unique and highly userfriendly MIL-STD-1913/Weaver/Picatinny rail compatible, quick-release locking mechanism.Special User-Adjustable Imaging ToolsActive Contrast Enhancement (ACE)
– a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE)
– a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.Smart Scene Optimization (SSO)
– a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ)
– a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC)
- There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Helios HD models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)
– In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Helios HD models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
Simple and quick conversion of daytime scope to thermal imaging
Mounts in front of any daytime scope, no re-zeroing required
The lightest and most compact scope in its class
User selectable NTSC or PAL format
The latest Tau 2 17-micron uncooled FLIR core technology
Display Type: AMOLED SVGA 800x600
Easy and Intuitive Drop-down user interface
Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color modes
Imaging Filter Algorithms:
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Information-Based Histogram Equalization™ (IBHEQ)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
Extended operation time with optional external battery power supply
Recording: video output /optional Video Recorder with onboard replay
Wireless remote control for tactical operations
CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
MIL -STD-1913 (Picatinny Rail) Quick Release Mount
Limited 3-year warranty
10-year warranty on FLIR detector
Made in The USA Part Number: TAT256CN4APOL01